Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Leisurely Day and a Schnauzer

This morning started off slowly, so I spent the first part of the day making bows.  It's always fun to mix ribbons and make something different.  In addition, Mom brought her hot glue gun so I could attach Christmas bells to my bows.  Here are just a few.




Finally, the dogs began to arrive. 

It was schnauzer day!

So... I got to do a beautiful schnauzer. It was a bit intimidating. She had really long eyelashes that her mom wanted to keep. I was so afraid I'd cut them off when I did the eyebrows. Yay for me, I SAVED them!  I forgot to get my before pictures, but I did NOT forget the afters.  What a sweet girl she was.



The name I've chosen for my shop is "Cameo Canine Grooming Salon" .  The logo will be an oval cameo of a dogs head.  After doing this darling schnauzer today, I believe I will make the dog in the cameo a schnauzer.  What do you think?


2 comments:

  1. A Cameo of a Schnauzer head would look great. Something different from the usual Poodle silhouettes that so many groomers use. Love the name too. Very classy. Good job on the eyebrows. They can be tough to do if you have a Schnauzer that constantly looks around, moving those eyebrows as you are trying to cut.
    I have to ask; what is it with the eyelashes? Aren't the long eyebrows enough? To each their own, they are the ones paying. :)
    Lisa, MFF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a good question, Lisa. They've got to be 6 inches long, and just look like dirty little spiderwebs are caught in her eyebrows, but the customer gets what the customer wants lol.

    I'm so glad you saw what I was trying to acheive with the logo. I can't wait to get a graphic designer to work one up for me!

    ReplyDelete